iOS Developer (m/f)
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help users all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, and we empower everybody to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Apple even included our iOS app in its Editors’ Choice collection and named us as one of their Apps of the Year.
To help us continue to build the future of outdoor exploration, we’re looking for a passionate iOS developer to join our team.
Your key responsibilities
- Take over responsibility of all parts of the iOS app
- Develop innovative new features in collaboration with our team of designers, copywriters, and Android/iOS product experts
- Optimize the core functionality of the app
- Incorporate the latest advances in iOS technology
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to have awesome outdoor experiences with your app
- At komoot, you’ll use everything the iOS platform offers, from the latest APIs to the newest features and devices
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, our headquarters in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as turn-by-turn navigation, maps, on-/offline hybrids, custom views and data synchronization
- You’ll be developing in fast cycles with continuous build, testing and direct team feedback
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- We don’t believe in rushing a job: We want you to take the time to improve and speed up development
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve an app that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to improve
- Have proven experience in developing high quality iOS apps (3+ years)
- Write the latest Swift code and you know how to mix it with existing Objective-C code
- Have a deep understanding about iOS, its frameworks and APIs
- Have a passion for building software, demonstrated through interesting side projects, open source contributions or other involvement in the tech community
- Love to develop awesome products for a great user experience
- Have experience in working in a distributed team, have good communication skills and love to work together with others in fast development cycles
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
- You’ll get bonus points for: Doing something creative with komoot (we love it when people go the extra mile)
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!