Data Analyst (m/f)
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help users all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, working to empower everybody to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and we are consistently ranked amongst the highest-grossing apps in both Google Play and the App Store.
To help us be even better at what we do, we’re looking for a data analyst to help us to drive product decisions and strategy. We believe that data-driven decision making is key to our success and your skills and curiosity will play a crucial role in building the future of outdoor experiences.
Your key responsibilities
- Turn events and data into actionable insights
- Develop analysis to drive product and business decisions and company strategy
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and continuous reports
- Communicate and present findings to different audiences
- Working closely with teams throughout the company
- Be an evangelist of data-driven decision-making
Why you will love it
- You’ll be a key player in making product development, marketing and business decisions
- You’ll work closely with komoot’s co-founder and influence the future direction of komoot
- You’ll work with a modern and powerful analytics platform based on AWS Kinesis and Redshift
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with whichever tools you love
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, our headquarters in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- Every day, your work will inspire people to discover more of the great outdoors
- You’ll join us for team gatherings in locations like Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have a burning desire to transform data into actionable insights
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience interpreting data
- Have strong and proven skills in SQL and Pandas/R
- Have strong communication skills
- Have fundamental statistical skills
- Are keen to keep in touch with the latest advances in your area
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
Sound like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.).
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
- You’ll get bonus points for: Doing something creative with komoot (we love it when people go the extra mile)